The Heartsaver First Aid Course provides first responders with training in basic first aid procedures-
Including the first aid skills recommended by OSHA- in a format that can be delivered in a single day
This course is intended for:
· Security and airline personnel
· Camp counselors
· Police and firefighters
· Teachers and day-care workers
· Aerobics teachers / physical trainers
· Anyone who has a duty to respond to a first aid emergency because of job responsibilities or regulatory requirements
· Other individuals who want or need first aid training.
This course covers:
· First aid basics
· Medical emergencies
· Injury emergencies
· Environmental emergencies
Students must pass a skills test to qualify for a Heartsaver First Aid Course Completion Card.
Lisa Parkin, BSN, RN- is an RN in the Education Department at MDI Hospital and is the AHA Training Center Coordinator for the MDI/Blue Hill Training Center.
She has an extensive background in providing emergency care in the hospital setting and basic first aid and CPR/AED care for various organizations.
Please note that this class will be held at the Lisa Stewart Women's Health Center, 330 Main St, Bar Harbor, ME.